Thinking of ways to get your Protein + Vege boost for the day? This fritatta recipe ticks all the boxes, is super versatile so you can change bits n bobs for your favs. And it makes enough for lunch tomorrow. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
What you will need to rustle up out of the fridge…
- 350g pumpkin, peeled, cut into small pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into small pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 broccoli head cut into small pieces
- rosemary to taste, dried or fresh – fresh is best!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 100g baby rocket
- 20g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Putting it together splendidly!
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a 6cm deep, 20cm (base), 8-cup capacity square ovenproof dish.
- Place your veg in a baking tray and mix with olive oil + rosemary sprigs and bake for 20 mins on 200°C until golden.
- Spread vegetables over base of prepared dish. Reduce oven to 190°C. Whisk eggs, milk and pepper together in a jug. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, shaking dish gently to allow egg to spread to base. Bake frittata for 25 minutes or until top is golden and centre is set. Set aside for 10 minutes. Cut into pieces.
- Place rocket, parmesan and walnuts in a bowl. Toss to combine. Divide salad and frittata between serving plates. Drizzle 1 teaspoon vinegar over each salad n wallah! A delisimo, easy and super healthy meal Splendid!